Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Blast from the Past?

Because my Yahoo Messenger suddenly went on the blink, I checked my Firendster account, something I don;t usually do that often.

And..

You know, this is the first time I've realized the power of Friendster.

Sure, sure, it's cool and fun, and friend-ly, but.. what's the use? I can't see the usefulness of the site, although I love playing videogame. (Maybe it's a priorities issue?)

But then, a distant friend suddenly sent me a friend request. After 5+ years of not seeing each other, I was really kinda surprised.

"Woah!" was my first reaction.

"Aww" was my second delayed reaction. "Aww" not because she remembered me (Although, admitttedly.. Hehe, a little bit), but "Aww" because I thought of all my past friends whom I've lost touch with.

Friendster was just bumped one rank higher on my scale.