Sunday, January 22, 2006

Gawad Kalinga?

Who would've thunk it? I mean, sure I've heard of GK a lot of times, and been on a lot of outreaches this past few terms in DLSU, but my GK experience last Saturday really stood out. For one, this was the first outreach where I felt we were making an impact. We were helping the workers build houses for the poor in the area, which was somewhere near Manila Bay. I sweated and I carried and I toiled in the hot sun, and I did see concrete results. I guess that's what made this a different outreach, concrete results.

It was a lot of fun, too. Although even I'm surprised I felt that way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll stop with my flame war against a certain someone. (See below post)

But I'll say one thing- Some people just aren't worth it.

However, my friend Red is still frolicking in the beaches of Omaha 1945. Goodspeed, PBM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Manny Pacquaio TKO'ed Erik Morales in the 10th round of an exciting fight. Proud to be Pinoy :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't do any homework this weekend. Typical.