Saturday, December 24, 2005

Terms of Use?

I had a lot of fun bonding with my high school buddies yesterday. I'd forgotten how wacky we all are, really.

Anyway, something just cracked me up. If you've had an email address and a wise guy friend, chances are you'd have already visited this site --> CrushCalculator

Yep, it's that infamous site where you type in your full name and then your crush's full name, then have the site calculate your love quotient or something like that. Then it turns out to be a spoof site and everything you typed in was sent to the friend who sent you the link to crush calculator. Haha.. Very funny guys. :) But it's been a while since I last got one of these, and I decided to see it through anyway. (Of course I'd be typing bogus stuff, haha) At the bottom of the page, I saw this---> Terms of Use

That's when I had a thought- Maybe the terms of use tips you off that this is a spoof site. Check out the link above to see what it says.

And I had another thought that just made me smile at the uselessness of some things.

No one EVER, ever reads the Terms of Usage of any site. I pity the poor guys who take an hour or three to make lengthy treatises (Look it up, you're using the net for cryin' out loud) that no self-respecting internet veteran would read. Sometimes, though, the Terms of Use do give important information.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. nice discovery :))

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home