Saturday, June 11, 2005

Poems

I'll just post some poems I wrote...

Still A lonely Day

Found you the other day

At the middle of my way.

Silly goose that I am, didn’t see you

Calling out for me to stay…

I was blind, I was stupid, ‘cause

Never did I once realize

A simple truth about you-

That you were always right in front of me.

Instead of could’ve been, I

Never saw the chance I had, and

Going on with my lonely walk, left without you…

Fascinating.

=-------------------=

Illusions

I am wrapped around swirling mists,

Light and shadows fusing, playing tricks,

Creating ghosts and specters that cloak truth

In their ethereal embrace.

I am a still pond on a windless day,

My unbroken surface reflecting the azure sky,

The crimson sunset, the coal-black night;

While truth lies underneath- hidden. Unseen.

Then a ray of light pierces swirling mists;

Then a pebble thrown ripples the still pond;

I break free from Illusion’s grasp-

My true self lies revealed.

=------------------=

The Battle

The lumbering knight stood tall before me,

His eyes a piercing crimson;

Our swords pull free of their scabbard prison,

And whistle through the air with glee;

I slash, he parries – weapons kiss.

Whistles change to peals of thunder

As heavy weapons smite each other;

Mighty blows strike steel-clad bodies

As savage passions beg for release;

I whirled, he advanced – we danced.

The hall rings with the echoes of battle –

The roar of weapons clashing,

The rising ruckus of frenzied fighting;

Till at last the noises settle;

He tires, I tire – we perspire.

Our whirling duel nears its end,

When my ferocious slashes rend

Through my foe’s flesh, and through his heart;

The battle stops – I’ve played my part.

And I stop reading, close the book –

And rest.

3 out of the 5 poems I need to apply for Malate...

-----------------------------------

Mini-poems ( Just like Chocettes :D)

NEXT POST! XD


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home