Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In the Trenches

The moment dawned when
I looked at her
Cherry-red lips,
Entrancing smile,
Disheveled tresses,
Knowing eyes,
Lithe figure;
And I started to love.

She wound her way
Along the dusty road,
She conversed
In subdued tones,
With her close circle of friends.
She looked
Unaware of
A stranger's longing gaze,
A stranger's wistful smile.

Unreachable. Untouchable.

A war broke out
Over the current state of the nation-
The nation that was my heart.

She had enveloped herself
In a cocoon of friendship-
And in something else-
In love-
In the love of another who felt like me.
She had them all.
Was what
I was planning to do
Breaking that cocoon?

The moment dawned when
I looked at her
Innocent expression,
Radiant aura,
Happy countenance,
Secure life,
Everything,
And I started to love.

And I started to think.

And I ended up
Losing the battle but winning the war.

Author's (This means me) Note: I have my own interpretation of my poem's ending, but feel free to think of it whichever way you want. (As if I could stop you from doing so.) Kel should know who I'm talking about. (Evil grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home