Saturday, June 18, 2005

Wimby, anyone?

Stuck at home for today.

Mood: Depressed. Lonely.

I just learned that some of my friends went to G4 and watched Batman... Darn! X_X That's 2 good movies I've missed watching.. Mr. And Mrs. Smith and Batman Begins..

After eating a quick lunch of noodles.. I decided to go on a movie binge myself.. I got a can of dalandan soda and corniks and went to turn on the TV. I decided to watch a movie on Star Movies first.. It was actually a comedy starring an actor I liked but don't know the name... Haha.. Well it was okay..

Then I took out the DVD of Wimbledon that I've been putting off watching. And then my afternoon changed...

Although the DVD was pirated :o and although I don't usually like these kinds of romantic comedies.. Oh alright.. I like watching romantic comedies sometimes... *_* Although I had no reason to expect anything special from the movie, it became one of my most memorable film experiences..

Wimbledon's basically about a washed-up tennis player playing his last tournament, and how he meets and falls for a rising female tennis star, and finding out that love gives him something to play for.

Tom (Was it his name? Well let's just say it's Tom.. whatever) first meets Lizzie when he is accidentally given the key to her hotel room.. And he finds here showering.. Haha.. And that was actually the only good part in the opening scenes of the movie.

The thing is.. Lizzie's kind of a fling-type of person. But then she starts falling for Tom. And while Tom is playing his best because of his falling in love.. Lizzie loses a match and drops out of Wimbledon because of her relationship with Tom..

In the typical ending though, Tom pours his heart out to Lizzie in an interview, Lizzie forgives him, he then wins at Wimbledon because of her encouragment. What happened to me while watching, was not typical. At all.

Can you believe that during the last 30 minutes of Wimbledon, I actually cried the whole time?! YEs, it's true.. I can count how many times I've cried because of a movie.. Around 2 times only I think.. And no cry which approached 30 minutes.. Until now.

Was it the fairytale ending?
The deus ex machina of love triumphing presented in the film?
The feeling that everythingl will be all right in the end?
The absence of the above in my life? :(

Sigh.. I just kept crying scene after scene. It felt as though the movie was speaking directly to me. And it felt as if everything that happened in the movie was the exact opposite of my life right now..

Mostly, I cried because I hoped that the things that happened to TOm would happen to me someday..

Was it true that hope was the most precious thing we have left in Pandora's Box? Hope cuts both ways, believe me. Hope is a double-edged sword, yadda yadda..

But it was good that I cried.. I finally had an outlet for all the depression I've been feeling for the past few days. Although I'm still not over this mood.. Crying had been an escape.. Especially since I'm not really prone to fits of crying..

And that's how Wimbledon will be engraved in my memory...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home