Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Enrollment Day: Frontline

Today, May 4. Enrollment Day for DLSU.

We arrived at 8 am. Good thing we were early, cause there were few people around. But then- disaster struck. We forgot to get a non-fraternity contract notarized. Good thing there was aa public notary nearby. I ended up hiding my ink-stained thumbs from pretty girls all day. rolleyes.gif

Moral Lesson 1: Don't forget anything. ANYTHING.

When we got back to the school, long lines were starting to form. I checked my Block Section which was Section 7. And guess what? Out of the 38 students in my section, only about 1/4 or 8-9 of 38 were GIRLS. Incredible luck. NOT.

Moral Lession 2: Be pessimistic in getting your block sec. Optimism only crushes your heart deeper when the inevitable happens.

The rest of the application procedure was a breeze. But I was receiving a scholarship. Thus I did not experience the long lines. Thus I did not experience the long wait for the receipt of tuition fees paid. Thus I did not experience the heat, the humidity, the sweat.

Moral Lesson 3: If you're not a scholar, be prepared to WAIT. And SWEAT.

Application Finished. Only 2 more things to do. ID pic taking and the dreaded Physical Examination. We finished at 9:30 am but the 2 events were to start at 1:30pm. What were we to do? Answer: Got to Glorietta 4, Splurge on new shoes, and eat at KFC while admiring the 6 girls at the next table.

Moral Lesson 4: When faced with lemons, make lemonade. Or go to a lemonade stand and have your lemon made into juice.

1:30 pm. We actually arrived at 1:00 pm but we got lazy to fall in line, thus we were almost the last ones in line. Fortunately, ID pic taking was a breeze. Done in 5 minutes.

Now. The Physical Examination. We filled out a few forms and had our blood pressure checked. After which we had our teeth checked. I thought the worst was over. Then came- THE PANIC ROOM. I went inside. The doctor checked my upper body. THEN PROCEEDED TO CHECK MY LOWER BODY. I may never be the same again. Time was a blur. I stumbled out after a few minutes of eternity.

Moral Lesson 5: Believe the hype. In this case, the hype of the horrid Phys. Exam.

Moral Lesson 6: It is almost certain to happend ar YOUR school too. Though I hope not.

But, one shining moment of hope. Throughout the day, I kept remembering Ralph's post that if 1 in 10 here were pretty, then 18 in 20 in canada was pretty. I am glad that that is partly wrong. For Filipinas are indeed beautiful.

And even though there maybe only 8-9 girls in my section. I am buoyed by the fact that out of the 400-500+ students of the CCS enrolling, I saw many pretty freshman girls. Only time will tell if anything will come out of this.

Last Moral Lesson: Expect the unexpected. Hope for the unhoped for.

Thus ends Enrollment Day: Frontlines.

Beware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home