Friday, July 15, 2005

Blogging As a Form of Expression

Something's been bothering me.

I've been thinking about my purpose in creating this blog.

When I first started blogging, I wanted to write for other people. Of course, I was also writing for myself, but for the most part, I made a blog with the intention of letting other people read it. Right now, the situation's been reversed. While I still want people to read my blog, it's not the priority anymore. I write now mainly for myself.

Sometimes, it's hard for me to express my feelings outside. I am more of a conflict-evading type of person. Thus, it has always been hard for me to confront my issues with other people directly. The main purpose I have a blog now is this- FOR IT TO ACT LIKE A CATHARSIS.

Catharsis - a sudden
climax that constitutes overwhelming feelings of great sorrow, laughter, or any extreme change in emotion that results in the renewal, restoration and revitalization for living.

I write the way I do because that is how I feel inside. I write "emotionally" because it is in my nature to BE EMOTIONAL. The fact that I seem otherwise in person IS FALSE. Why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE CONSTITUTE "EMOTIONAL" AS BEING TOO ENGROSSED IN STRONG EMOTIONS LIKE SORROW AND/OR ANGER.

Here's a thought: DOESN'T JOY OR LAUGHTER QUALIFY AS STRONG EMOTION TOO?


Laughter is the one EMOTION I love to express in public. To say that being empowered by mirth is not "emotional" is to say that a tree does not belong in a forest. Who else can know what a person is feeling inside, UNLESS HE DECIDES TO SHARE IT WITH OTHER PEOPLE? And since I often do not share my other emotions in public, I decided to share them in my BLOG.

There you have the crux of the problem. Am I to change my style of writing to something less emotional, because this is not how other people perceive me?

This I have to say once more. MY BLOG IS MY CATHARSIS.

Writing in my blog has enabled me to examine myself. I HAVE changed a lot. And yes, this is due in part to my blogging. What I don't get is why people, especially friends, have a hard time accepting the NEW ME. I now believe that it is better to express my other emotions OUTSIDE. AND WHO ELSE HAVE I TO TURN TO BUT MY FRIENDS? And instead, I find myself subject to scrutiny instead of help.

YES, I have had instances where I was TOO high-strung.
YES, I might have been too annoyingly "emotional."

This is what I have to say: I am CORNY. I am CHEESY.SOMETIMES I AM TOO MUCH OF BOTH. And if my friends can accpet that and live with it, why can't they accept the fact that I might sometimes go overboard with sorrow or anger?

These past months of bloggin and entering college was a wild, and very unpredictable ride. And my blog entries are here to prove it.

In the end, that is why I have a blog- IT IS AN OUTLET FOR ME TO EXPRESS WHATEVER I HAVE EXPERIENCED, and to reflect on my past thoughts and memories, as written down on the spur of the moment.

Oh yeah, and I have recovered my old corny self again, although I HAVE CHANGED. Everyone will just have to get used to that.

TO end this entry, Let me just say two more things:
1. You think you may know my writing style, but reflect on and compare my serious works with my not-so-serious ones. You might be surprised to find out that you just haven't seen my real style yet, that is why my blogging feels so alien.

2. And to cap it off, I had a fine day today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jensen to tell you honestly you really have changed yet I liked it when you say that you are annoyed specially to me. For me its to bothering yet comforting at least I know that I offended you somehow. Well thanks Jensen for being a friend to me. Thanks for eveything! Dont worry I do accept you its just that things changed so fast that I was shocked. But im working on adapting. ^_^ (sana hindi ka magalit)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww.. jensen.. i feel bad for mike here..[Although i don't even know who he is]
I know that you're a great person, and i hope that you could learn to appreciate your friends who care for you enough to be frank, that's all ^_^ Take care & God bless, I'll have you in my prayers :)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home