Monday, July 11, 2005

Reevaulation: Part 2

A continuation of my 5 days of change.

July 9 - 10, Saturday to Sunday

This weekend turned into something more than I expected. I guess it was worth missing Fantastic Four get-together and not being able to use a computer for.

On Saturday, I went to DLSU at around 6:30 for the start of our bus trip to Tanay Hills, Rizal. The bus ride was cool, as my seatmate Ron was also cool, and I watched the original Matrix again. I had really forgotten how the Matrix has changed the movie world. I was surprised to find out that although the special effects had been COPIED the world over, I was still amazed at the grace and beauty of the fight sequences. So sue me if I'm a guy and I like watching fight scenes. :D

After that, we arrived at the BEAUTIFUL resort. It was really beyond our expectations. The resort had a swimming pool, although we couldn't use it.

For accomodations, 5 guys shared each cottage. Thanks goodness there was airconditoning haha.. We left the aircon on all day so when we came back at night, the cottage would be nice and breezy. The only problem I found with the cottage were the numerous bugs and ants infesting some parts of it. I was lucky to get a bed that was not affected. Haha...

Okay. I'll get the food stuff out first. For the 1 and a half days we spent there, We had a total of EIGHT Meals. There was so much food. I'm not complaining, although the tummy I'm trying to build abs on might be. There was morning break, lunch, afternoon break, dinner, midnight snacks, breakfast, morning break, and lunch again, before we returned to Manila. Very filling it was.

This wasn't the boring seminar I thought it would be. Sure, there were some boring parts, but overall, i not only enjoyed it, I also learned something from it, which is quite rare, for me.

I'll share some of my new thoughts in Part 3.. For now.. Fun light stuff.

We had a lot of group activities. Not just our batch of star schoalrs were there. The past 2 batches also joined us. They were really fun people to be with, and I think my DLSU future shall be better with them joining me.

The highlights of the Saturday session was the star awards, and the short skit of a few groups.

We had a lot of fun making up a skit, based on the Matrix, as one of my groupmates looked a lot like Morpheus. Haha. Anyways, one thing I really appreciate about my group was that they accepted and heard out my suggestions, instead of just shooting down my suggestions without second thoughts. After all, they were already sophomores and junior, while I was a mere frosh. It just goes to show that not everyone's out to get your skin.

We finished at 10:30 pm.. And we had a bonding session at our cottage with my ka-batch of scholars. We played cards and Killer, and we ate, and we had fun. At around 12:30, the other people aside from my roommates went back to their rooms to sleep. We ended up playing another round of cards and sleeping at 2:30 am. It was really a memorable night for me.

Sunday was the day of the AMAZING RACE. We had to finish 3 challenges to win. The first one was easy. The second was quite fun, as 2 people had to carry a balloon using a specific body part, in these cases, the nose, then the cheek, then the butt. It was really fun to watch. The final challenge was the hardest, and the most frustrating. We did finish it though, and it was really fulfilling to finally find a plan that worked.

We went back to DLSU at around 4pm.

----------------------

I realize that I have been yappingg on about events mostly. However, it was the interaction of people which really made my weekend. Here are a few acknowledgments to the new friends I gained through this activity.
  • My roommates, REAGAN, LORENZ, PAOLO, and JANJAN! YOu guys were awesome! Lorenz is a truly gifted orator. Reagan was incredibly funny too. I'll remember our race to 5 in pusoy dos! Paolo and Janjan were a bit on the quiet side but they were really friendly too. Paolo came from my former school St. Jude, and Janjan can relate to my ComSci problems as he's a CS Major too!
  • My other batchmates, PERKIN! CONRAD! DEX! ANDREW! AMANDA! RON! EDGAR! We guys had a lot of fun! Here's a virtual toast to continuing friendships in the future!
  • Older batch friends! Thanks for the help guys! Here's to the assurance that age doesn't matter in friendships! See you guys in school! JSON! BENI! ALVIN! ANNE! MANGO! EDRIC! Sorry for the guys I failed to mention. I'm getting older and becoming senile :D
This is one of those experiences I'll always remember. Hope next year will be even better!

July 11, Today

Something very short for today.

I realized a lot of stuff today.

End.


I shall be making a reevaulation of some aspects of my life in Part 3 of this trilogy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home