Thursday, May 26, 2005

Inuman Sessions. Without the Inuman.

Today was a total blast.

It started out uneventlfully with me taking the LRT and reaching DLSU by 9am for a 10am class. I spent 30 minutes in the airconditioned Conservatory killing time and trying to decipher the e-book I downloaded for COMPRO1. Typical ho-hum morning.

Then at around 9:45, I went to the Sports Complex for our PE class. The day's snail-like pace picked up speed as the guys changed to our PE gear while the girls hadn't arrived yet. I wasn't fast enough and I was just putting my shirt on when the first few girls entered the room. Kinda embarassing, but what the hell, as I was about to find out later. We played a few minutes of basketball before our PE teacher arrived.

Turns out swimming was to be our PE for the first term. I had mixed reactions.. On the one hand, I liked swimming; on the other, I didn't like showing my body. Haha... Well, we had to endure an hour of "orientation" (more like storytelling lol) before we had a little bit of fun. We were asked to write down some descriptions and go around getting people's signatures. I thought I'd be one asking for signatures but when "declaimer/good poet" was said, Cheffrey shouted my name. Haha.. So much for keeping a low profile. But at least I got to pass my paper first, thus I didn't have to do a "stand-up poem recital." Cheffrey ended up reciting "Trees" as she was the one who signed my "good poet" description. The activity livened up things a bit, but the day was still so-so so far.

After the PE class dispersed at around 12 noon, a group of us decided to eat together and "bond." Thus the "Inuman Sessions" began.

Cheffrey, Dax, Riva, Cel, Michelle, Kel, and I decided to go around and look for a place to eat and talk. Wale went to the bookstore first and was to catch up later. "No pain no gain" was the saying of the day.. Or "no heat no food" would be more specific. We tracked from one pavked resto to another without hopes of finding a space. We ended up soaking in sweat in Red Ribbon 30 minutes later.

We ate some and talked a lot, far after we were finished eating. Since our next class was not til 2:40, we had time. And so we talked. And we learned a lot about each other and had a lot of laughs. Wale joined us about 30 minutes later but then had to go somewhere else. We ended up taking our "Inuman Sessions" back to La Salle and to the Conservatory, where we all sat on the stage because we couldn't find a place to sit.

We played Truth or Dare. Although it was more like Spin and Choose Truth, 'cause no one wanted to do a dare. We really grew closer together in around 1 and a half hours of talking than the whole 3 days before. I ended up sharing my thoughts and experiences as did they.

2:40 came, and we went back to class a lot less "shy." Lol.. Then came a intermission where half the class was bored and listless and trying to concentrate on taking down notes. Good thing the class ended early.

Then came FILIPI1, where our professor wasn't around and we had a film showing. Since the film was only about 20 minutes long, we were allowed to sit and chat for a while before the showing. The resulting conversations were quite funny actually haha..

Class ended at 5:30.

Today was a blast. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home