Tuesday, August 30, 2005

This Was Supposed To Be A Frothy Entry

By frothy, I mean happy, light, bubbly.

I was halfway through describing my "reunion: with my HS friends (By the way, I really had fun. Thanks guys!), but I somehow lost the will to write.

I lost my frothiness.

It seems like everytime I start to post.. I lose my energy. Thus the famine of entries.

Thus the wasteland which my blog has become.

Now I keep wondering, whatever happened to the good ol' days?

Days when life wasn't as complicated as now. When life was fun.

Oh sure, I have fun days, but they come fewer and farther between. Why is that? Isn't college supposed to be the funnest, the most incredible, the ultimate?

Here I am again, bemoaning my lot in life. Yes, yes, compared to others, I live a fortunate life. But I can't help wondering why a lot of stuff are f*cked up now.

I'm talking about people.

Of course it always comes down to people. After all, a few billion of us are scattered around the whole world.

My point is: When the hell did people get so complicated?

It really bugs me to watch my relationships with other people unravel because of simple misunderstandings. Simple to me, yes. But when did such a simple sentence like "Don't tell anyone what we talked about" become so complicated that I have to spend 5 minutes elucidating that single sentence to the person?

Complications abound. Yet if we stop to think about it, everything's just peachy simple. What happened to life as i know it one year ago?

Am I missing something? Aren't these people the same students who freakin' passed their college entrance exams? Who freakin' had enough brains to reach college?

Did I miss a fact? Did I miss an announcement that said: "Everyone in college, stop using your brain." Or did I miss the alien invasion that sucked up everyone's minds?

I may seem harsh, and I am harsh, but I'm really stumped on this one.

Maybe I'm just having a very rude awakening to the "real world." A world where complication is the new simplification.

If that's so, then I see no reason to wake up. Sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home