Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Day is Young

There's something oddly calming in walking through DLSU in the early morning.

The dawn hours allow fresh sunshine (if sunshine can be called fresh, anyway) to shine through. I often turn meditative during times like these, when there are only a few people milling about, and it seems like the whole university is mine alone. It's a time like this when I'm glad I'm here, in this school. The critics say that DLSU is small, puny even, when compared to other universities. Yet, it's this school's compactness which makes me feel that we are a community.

I pass by every college building on my way to Planet Gox. That's the price of being a computer science major here. My building is on the other end of La Salle. But an early morning walk reveals a lot of things lost in the hustle and bustle of college life. It's Saturday, and the crowds are gone. I can smell the dew on the trees, I can hear the sounds of my footsteps echoing in silent halls.

Everything seems so ethereally beautiful, bathed in the warm glowing light of the morning sun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home