Friday, July 22, 2005

Blogger's Block

This is my 50th post. *Mini-celebration*

I find that I have lost some of the will to write, at least temporarily. Kind of sad actually. I don't know if I'm just bone tired after every long day at school. Maybe blogging in the morning might help.

These past few days have marked my reemerging inner child, so to speak. I guess during the summer vacation, my inner child got lost in a tangle of vines, and never found his way back to me. Until now.

I'm actually really happy right now. Considering that also I'm very worried about my grade in BASICON, which everyone said was easy, and which I also took for granted, since the first few weeks were indeed easy. Right now, it's just another pain in the behind. I never did like math, and I don't think I ever will. As it turned out, BASICON or the so-called Basic Computer Concepts subject became a math subject. Don't get me wrong though, BASICON does have its fun parts, like our lab activities. We learned how to assemble a PC from the ground up, installed operating systems, and maded logic circuits. Quite fun actually. But more often than not, fun in BASICON comes crashing down into math. I think some of my friends do like math, and I wish I could say the same. But I just realized I'll always know the importance of studying conversion from binary, octal, and hexadecimal to decimal no. systems, or knowing how to write binary in IEEE form, or learning boolean algegra and K-maps, but I'll never grow to like them. And as a result, I haven't invested much of study time to the subject. Thus my bad grades.

But as I've said, otherwise, I'm really happy. And most of that happiness comes from being with my friends. They're really an eclectic bunch of guys and gals, but I wouldn't have them any other way. I've had so many adventures and new experiences with them. I just hope that over time, our bond will strengthen, and not fade unlike my grade school friendships.

*Intermission: a bit of sad musing for elementary friends."

But yeah. Life's kinda good.
-------------------------------

I'd like to share a post by my friend Byron, a gifted artist and write by his own right. Visit his blog if you have the chance. It's on my links.

Quoted from Byron:

HIGH SCHOOL. KOLEHYO.

Nung high school, 10 pahina? ulam na; sa kolehyo, hindi man lang patikim yan.

In high school, long exams are like black ants who just pass by; in college, they're red ants who REALLY hurt.

Nung high school, pakool-kool lang; sa kolehyo, parating kool na kool na nakatungo sa library.

In high school, 70% is like spilled Coke; in college, it's like free Coke.

Nung high school, speak English raw dapat Tagalog parin; sa kolehyo, pwedeng nang magTagalog pinipilit namang magIngles. *sigh*

Conclusion:

If high school's Mindanao, college is Iraq. Talagang nakakahilo, diba?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home