Sunday, June 26, 2005

Reunion and Red Alerts

Yesterday, I and my high school buddies had a bit of a reunion.

It was a send-off pool party for our mate Kevin, who will be off to the Land Down Under. Too bad only a relative few of us made it, although we had a fun time. The party was supposedly at around 1pm.. But it started at more like 2 in the afternoon. Jon, Awi, By, Dan, Jeremy, Alvene, Vibson, Kelvin, Ja, Gi, and of course, Kevin was there.

I missed them.

I missed the times when there was no pretense, no pretending.. It was fun reliving the days when we just hanged out, chatted, cracked jokes, and generally basking in each other's company as friends. And of course, talking about the different paths our lives had taken.

The er... "swimming" ended at around 5, but not after we had given a swimming "exhibition". Haha.. I will have to get a copy of that recording.. Definitely a moment I'll remember.

After the party, I went to Jon's house while waiting for my dad to fetch me. I really missed his house. Lol.. We had a lot of fun time there.

Here's to hoping we'll have more get-togethers with more people.. *Ahem* Crissa *Ahem* XD

-0---------0-

But here's the twist:

While I was off having fun, my friend Riva's mom was having an operation. I learned from Riva that it was not going well, and that dampened the happy mood I was in. It reminded me that not everyone is always having fun or sharing laughter. She asked me to pray for her mom, and so I did.

Right now, it's been about half a day since I've heard any word from her, and I'm still praying.

Just remember Riva, you'll always have me and your friends to lean on and to give you support. We'll always be there for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beautiful Disaster said...

Hey. Sorry I wasn't able to go to that party. I wanted to, but there wasn't enough time. I would've gotten there at about 4 PM, so it wouldn't have made much of a difference if I didn't go. Glad you had fun, though. And I'll see you on...July 9, I think. =)

1:09 PM  
Blogger rebenene said...

Just reminiscing.. im surprised at how much time changes us..

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home