Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Complicate

There are times in your life when things just get too tangled up. Every moment of every day is busy. So many things are happening. You can't keep track of everything that is going on. There are times when you do not know what to do, what to say, what to think.

Now is one such time in my life. It seems like so much is happening so much.

On the one hand, my studies are not doing so well, especially in one subject I thought I'd ace.

On the other, I do not know my relationship with the people I am interacting with everyday.

And on another, my friend Riva is sick with dengue.

There are times when I appreciate the importance of 'Less is more.' I wonder if life gets this complicated back when there weren't so many things.

Do people get complicated as stuff gets complicated?

I find myself trying too hard to please everyone. Too hard. I guess it's my inherent sense of insecurity. I need to know that friends are really friends. I need to know if you like me, or if you hate me. I need to know exactly who my enemies are, and who I can depend on.

I think I turn to videogames because in games, things become simple. You win, or you lose. You're the good guy, or you're the bad guy. That explains my addiction to DotA and CS. That doesn't explain my addiction to Ragnarok (in the past) and the GTA series.

Maybe I need to slow down a bit. I really need to stop trying to please everyone.

Yes, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. If my new attitude doesn't please you, please take a hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home